SESN activities in Slovakia started in 2010. The project is ongoing at the moment. SESN partner is Raptor Protection of Slovakia with team led by Jozef Chavko. The project aims to:
- get a complete overview about the population of Saker Falcon in Western Slovakia through the monitoring in southwest Slovakia where it is unknown;
- create nesting opportunities for Saker Falcon in southwest Slovakia;
- create connection between Slovak and Hungarian Saker Falcon population through the nesting opportunities;
- identify the habitat conditions, feeding opportunities, natural nesting opportunities and threats in nesting, hunting and roosting areas of Saker Falcon in southwest Slovakia;
- publish the results of population trends of Saker Falcon in Western Slovakia in 2000-2010 in the Slovak Raptor Journal;
- ensure successful breeding in case of discovering a nesting Saker pair in the project area.